Beekeeping Courses are only available for private bookings.
Maximum 6 participants, to be held at your apiary site. Cost: $100 per participant.
Bookings: Trish – Honey House Kuranda (Accredited and registered beekeeper)
Phone: 4093 7261 | M: 0459 225 352
This is not an accredited course, however, information obtained by completing this course will enable a novice beekeeper to understand the processes of hive management to a primary stage.
- Structure of a beehive
- Structure of a colony
- Life cycle of the Queen, Drones and workers
- Communication within the colony
- How & why bees make honey
- How & why bees collect pollen, resins and water
- How & why bees make wax
- Pests and diseases
- Hive management systems
- Use of hive tools and equipment
- Observations at hive entrance
- Opening of a beehive – checking for: Colony strength, Disease and pests, Queen viability & brood patterns, Honey stores, Handling frames, Dealing with small hive beetle
- Record keeping and planning